Behaviour Support Practitioner
ONCALL Group Australia (ONCALL) are on the path to be a nationally recognised and leading provider, empowering people to live their best lives. ONCALL will remain steadfastly focused on quality service that puts the client at the centre, is enabled through technology transformation, and delivered by people who are committed.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a talented and passionate Behaviour Support Specialist to join our Professional Services team.
Reporting to the Manager Professional Services, this highly sought role will see you contributing to the evolution of our Professional Services offering with the intention to deliver industry leading support services. You will deliver individual funded support services to people with disability, support the organisation with reporting and reduction of restrictive practices, drive quality initiatives and promote inclusion, self-determination and growth for people with disability.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- The development, implementation and review of Behaviour Support Plans, Individual Support Plans and Positive Behaviour Support Strategies aimed to maximise positive outcomes for people with disability.
- Responsibilities in managing all required reporting in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission, State and Commonwealth legislation, rules and regulations and ONCALL policy and procedure.
- Liaison with Office of Professional Practice, DHHS and other professional bodies as required.
- Delivery of least restrictive, person-centred positive behaviour support strategies that promote each person’s dignity and human rights.
- Training, mentoring and coaching ONCALL disability professionals through the provision of expert advice based on contemporary models of behaviour support.
We are seeking someone who brings:
- A passion for the delivery of positive behaviour support that maximises opportunities for people with disability and their families, particularly experiencing complex life circumstances.
- Demonstrated relevant qualifications as a behaviour support practitioner or similar.
- A desire to contribute to the evolution of innovative service models based on contemporary thinking.
- Expertise in navigating complex service systems, including legislation, rules and regulation associated in the provision of Child Protection and Out of Home Care and disability support services.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with people with disability, families, and internal and external partners.
If this is you, please apply in writing, outlining the skills, qualifications, attitudes, and aptitude that makes you the right person for the role. Completed Competency Training would be highly regarded.
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights will be considered and Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. Successful employees are required to undergo mandatory screening checks.
ONCALL is a Child Safe organisation, committed to Zero Tolerance of abuse. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all vulnerable children, young people and adults living with disability.
Location: Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia