Learning Design & Trainer - ONCALL Training College
The Learning Design & Trainer will have responsibility for sourcing and creating learning content for the development of digital learning resources for vocational education and training (VET); and facilitate, develop, review and assess the delivery of BSB30120 Certificate III in Business program as directed by the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager, you will work alongside the academic and operations team to develop Learning & Development solutions. You will take responsibility for building an interactive onboarding project where you will design the content and design the face-to-face and e-learning solutions. You will convert face-to-face workshops to e-learning modules and design project plans that include performing updates of OTC’s (ONCALL Training College) existing training material. Additionally, you will also facilitate and assess the delivery of OTC’s BSB30120 Certificate III in Business course. The role of Learning Design & Trainer plays a vital role in ensuring the development of content that is relevant, high-quality and developed within the required timelines and the scope of the project for the learning cohort.
Activities for this role include, not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and evaluating a broad range of instructional materials
- Building in Articulate Storyline and using HTML 5 Package to branding guidelines
- Analysing requirements and methodically developing instruction materials to match learning needs
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to determine specific design needs
- Planning and implementing training strategies
- Integrating feedback, student support, assessment and course evaluation into the training program
- Conducting user testing
- Refining Learning Material work in consultation and publishing for LMS upload
- Undertaking work in planning course content
- Writing content, improving on content provided to you from subject matter experts or other internal sources
- Facilitate online training and support sessions
- Continuously update and improve learning resources for respective courses
- Participate in assessment review and evaluation against competency standards
- Mark assessments and update student training records.
The successful applicant
The successful applicant will have a sound knowledge of the VET environment; experience designing learning and assessment; and they will be an individual that is imaginative, dedicated and proactive.
You must possess extensive experience and exposure to instructional design with a strong knowledge in using articulate or captivate storyline software and have exceptional stakeholder management skills. The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of online and blended course content.
- Experience building e-learning content in Articulate Storyline and H5P; VET sector experience is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative approach to a team environment.
- Strong and current knowledge of competency-based training and VET sector requirements.
- Proven ability to work with subject matter experts to design industry-current, fit for purpose assessments across multiple disciplines.
- Relevant qualifications in education or e-learning (bachelor’s degree majoring in Instructional Design).
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment TAE40116 or Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (VET) or high equivalent qualification (highly desirable).
- Conceptualise and develop high-quality learning content and activities to support training and learning at OTC across multiple projects.
- Design high quality, student-centred digital learning experiences and resources for the VET programs.
- Coordinate learning content development for VET programs across multiple projects.
- Review and refine developed content as are required by the project team.
- Ensure that learning activities, products and services are consistent with the college’s requirements and statutory/regulatory obligations (e.g., quality, accessibility, re-use, sustainability, learning and training templates).
- Work collaboratively with other relevant bodies, industry, students and key stakeholders to provide digital design solutions that meet their needs.
- Develop innovative pedagogical and blended and online learning in collaboration with the project team.
- Manage the components of the project to achieve the project objectives within the agreed timeframes and provide progress reports as required by the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager.
- Actively participate as part of team initiatives and projects and cooperate with team members in a manner that reflects a commitment to team goals and objectives, effective communication, information sharing and problem-solving practices.
- Proven skills and experience in instructional design and the development of student-centred digital learning experiences and resources.
- Knowledge of digital learning principles and practices as well as current and future trends in digital technologies.
- Demonstrated project management skills in the development of digital content for online courses, with a capacity to scope realistic projects, meet timeframes and deliver outcomes.
- High-level interpersonal and professional communication skills to work effectively with individuals and teams of staff with different levels of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated capacity to work both independently and in multi-disciplinary team environments.
- Ability to assess priorities, exercise discretionary judgment and negotiate for positive outcomes.
ONCALL is a Child Safe organisation, committed to Zero Tolerance to Abuse in care. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all vulnerable children, young people and adults living with disabilities that we support. All applicants and employees must undergo mandatory screening checks.
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights should apply. Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Job Category: Head Office
Location: Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia