Disability Support Worker (QLD)
Be part of a brand new service for the sector- coming to Queensland in August 2021! ONCALL is expanding its Victorian success, and in order to deliever more support for more people we need your skills!
Who we are:
ONCALL Group Australia Pty Ltd is a quality certified, NDIS and Child, Youth & Family registered service provider and recognised industry leader in the Disability and Community Services Sector. ONCALL Group Australia takes pride in employing people who share our commitment and passion for putting the client the centre of every decision we make and delivering quality services at all times.
About the role:
ONCALL are looking to employ people with great availability, flexibility and enthusiasm. We love the work we do, and know you do too.
If you are looking for an opportunity to assist Victoria’s largest labour hire organisation launch into the Queensland sector- we would love to hear from you! Be flexible and available to pick up shifts that suit your needs.
Your duties will include:
- Daily living support, including attending to low and/or high personal care needs.
- Domestic duties such as vacuuming, laundry and general cleaning.
- Administering medications in line with medication management plans.
- Supporting people to access the community
- Manual handling, including the use of mobile and ceiling hoists
- Behavioural support, including managing challenging behaviours and behaviours of concern.
- Implementing Behaviour Support Plans (BSP’s)
- Supporting people to achieve their individual goals in line with their person-centred support plan.
What we require:
- Cert III in Aged care and Ind Support and/or Cert IV in Disability considered.
- A current NDIS Worker Screening Check and Blue Card (or willing to obtain)
- A current Yellow card
- Current First Aid training
- Current CPR training
- Administration of medication training (or willing to obtain)
- Manual handling training (or willing to obtain)
- International police check (if applicable)
- Access to a car and drivers licence preferred
- A positive, reliable, empathetic and proactive approach to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds living with a disability;
Please Note: As at February 2021, all applicants are required to undertake a NDIS Worker Screening Check. We are aware that some candidates are experiencing delays and difficulties with this process, especially where they have previously lived overseas.
In order to minimise any potential delays, we encourage you to consider commencing the NDIS Worker Screening Check at the same time as you apply for this role.
ONCALL Group Australia is a Child Safe organisation, committed to Zero Tolerance to Abuse in care. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of all vulnerable children, young people and adults living with disabilities that we support. All applicants and employees must undergo mandatory screening checks. Only applicants with Australian Working Rights should apply. Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. Got any questions? Call 1300 962 468.