Senior Disability Practice Leader
ONCALL Group Australia (ONCALL) are on the path to be a nationally recognised and leading provider, empowering people to live their best lives. ONCALL will remain steadfastly focused on quality service that puts the client at the centre, is enabled through technology transformation, and delivered by people who are committed.
Reporting to the Executive Manager Accommodation Services, the Senior Disability Practice Leader is responsible for:
- Delivering all services with a focus on client outcomes and quality of services, ensuring standards of excellence are achieved and maintained.
- Working collaboratively with all customers families, teams and external stakeholders to facilitate maximum outcomes for people requiring highly complex, tailored individual support services.
- Actively contributing to the reduction of restrictive practices providing contemporary, expert advice to ensure the least restrictive option is implemented to support positive behaviour change.
- Undertake research, investigations, and analysis as required to enhance best practice initiatives at ONCALL.
- Leading and/or informing initiatives aimed to position ONCALL as an industry-leading provider of support to people with complex support needs, including the Complex Review Panel and Intake risk assessments.
- Overseeing and actively contributing to the regular reporting of all restrictive practices for individuals receiving support, including chemical, mechanical and emergency physical restraint or restrictions of access within or to environments.
- Overseeing the quality of, undertaking and informing functional assessments, behaviour assessments and individual planning and reports in a respectful, person-centred manner, promoting a positive perception of people who may present with complex behaviour as a form of communication.
- Effectively engaging internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practice in the delivery of positive behaviour support strategies across the organisation.
We are seeking someone who brings:
- Recognised degree level qualification relevant to behaviour support or other relevant clinical area (Essential).
- Current registration in clinical field (Essential).
- Postgraduate qualification in disability or related field would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in compliance reporting as required by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and State and Commonwealth government bodies/departments.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of positive behaviour support, or work with people with disability who communicate through complex behaviours.
- Previous experience with assessment and planning for people presenting with complex support needs.
- Experience providing advice, training and support to staff at all levels of an organisation to facilitate best practice at service delivery level.
If this is you, please apply outlining the skills, qualifications, and aptitude that makes you the right person for the role.
Only applicants with Australian Working Rights will be considered and Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. Successful employees are required to undergo mandatory screening checks.
ONCALL is a Child Safe organisation, committed to Zero Tolerance of abuse. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all vulnerable children, young people and adults living with disability.
Location: Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia