Disability Support Worker (VIC)
Who we are:
ONCALL Group Australia Pty Ltd is a quality certified, NDIS and Child, Youth & Family registered service provider and recognised industry leader in the Disability and Community Services Sector. ONCALL Group Australia takes pride in employing people who share our commitment and passion for putting the client the centre of every decision we make and delivering quality services at all times.
About the role:
We are seeking disability support workers, with a minimum of 20 hours of availability per week, for casual, on call shifts across Melbourne. ONCALL currently has a high volume of casual work available and are looking to employ people with great availability, flexibility and enthusiasm. If you are looking for the opportunity to work in residential houses - Including Supported Independent Living and Specialist Disability Accommodation - this may be the role for you!
Your duties will include:
- Daily living support, including attending to low and/or high personal care needs.
- Domestic duties such as vacuuming, laundry and general cleaning.
- Administering medications in line with medication management plans.
- Supporting people to access the community
- Manual handling, including the use of mobile and ceiling hoists
- Behavioural support, including managing challenging behaviours and behaviours of concern.
- Implementing Behaviour Support Plans (BSP’s)
- Supporting people to achieve their individual goals in line with their person-centred support plan.
What we require:
- Cert IV in Disability or a relevant qualification* and/or equivalent experience;
- A current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid training
- Current CPR training
- Administration of medication training (or willing to obtain)
- Manual handling training (or willing to obtain)
- International police check (if applicable)
- Access to a car and drivers licence
- A positive, reliable, empathetic and proactive approach to supporting people of all ages and backgrounds living with a disability;
If you do not hold the relevant experience or qualification for this role and are interested to work in this sector, we would still love to hear from you. Please visit our website for information about our NDIS JobReady program: https://www.oncall.com.au/careers/jobready/
Please Note: As at February 2021, all applicants are required to undertake a NDIS Worker Screening Check. We are aware that some candidates are experiencing delays and difficulties with this process, especially where they have previously lived overseas.
In order to minimise any potential delays, we encourage you to consider commencing the NDIS Worker Screening Check at the same time as you apply for this role.
We would love to hear from you, please APPLY NOW. If you would like any more information, please contact our Recruitment Team on 03 9896 2468.
ONCALL Group Australia is a Child Safe organisation, committed to Zero Tolerance to Abuse in care. We take seriously our responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of all vulnerable children, young people and adults living with disabilities that we support. All applicants and employees must undergo mandatory screening checks. Only applicants with Australian Working Rights should apply. Indigenous Australians and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Location: Canterbury Road, Surrey Hills VIC 3127, Australia